What is Augusta HiTech’s ADA Solution?
Augusta HiTech’s ADA Solution engages the student in real-time. The lecture is converted from speech-to-text on the fly. The application allows students to ask questions, make comments and most importantly, collaborate in the classroom. We have added unique features to enhance the classroom experience.
What is ADA?
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides protection for persons with disabilities from being discriminated based on their disability.
ADA in Education and Problems
Most of the Universities and Colleges fail to meet ADA guidelines in education. Commonly faced problems by Universities and Colleges are:
- Manual transcription takes more time
- Transcript cost is high
- Students learning is directly proportional to interpreter’s vocabulary and technical knowledge
- Existing audio or video files are not being converted to text content
- Course materials are not supporting multiple languages
- Supporting differently abled students takes more time for professors
Monetary damages and civil penalties:
- First violation of Title III rises from $55,000 - $75,000
- The maximum civil penalty for a second violation rises from $110,000 - $150,000